I am a versatile, experienced writer. Some of the types of writing that I do are:
- Art Writing (Artist statements, Bios, Grant essays)
- Copywriting (Web copy, Sales letters, Collateral)
- Essays (Personal essays, Photo essays, Meditations)
- Journalism (Features, Profiles, News articles)
- Marketing Communications (Case studies, Annual reports, Motivational)
- Media Relations (Press releases, Pitch letters, Co. profiles)
- Newsletters (Print/Online, Any subject)
- And more.
- Extensive Experience: Copywriter, Creative Writer, Journalist, Publicist, Editorial Director.
- Creative & versatile wordsmith; Exceptional storyteller/content developer; Persuasive communicator.
- Ability to gain expertise on new subjects quickly and write about them effectively; Expert interviewer.
- Strategic thinker; Ability to integrate organizations’ communications and align with long-term goals/daily activities.
- Golden Quill Award Winner, History/Culture Feature (Pittsburgh Quarterly mag.) [link to article].
I have been writing professionally for more than 25 years, as a journalist, creative writer, and marketing communications specialist. I spent seven years as the Director of Communications for several organizations, including two business start-ups and the School of Visual Arts in New York, a major art institution.
Copywriting, PR, and editorial direction were major responsibilities at these positions, where I created/upgraded and managed both print and online content, including Web copy, newsletters, social media content, brochures, annual reports, books, Fortune advertorial sections, press releases, pitch letters, and more. As a freelancer, on countless short- and long-term assignments, I have continued to build on my work in these areas, while gaining experience with additional writing formats.
I received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Pittsburgh and studied writing at the New School in New York. Words have been a constant in my life: I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember; and have pursued both commercial and creative writing projects since I first saw my name in print, as a freshman in college.